Michèle writes....

Michèle writes: 

Wild Idea Ranch …
I liked so much Wild Idea Ranch where we met Dan O’Brien, his wife, their son-in-law … it was fabulous, I didn’t get to know them, I knew them. I read « Buffalo For The Broken Heart » and « Wild Idea » and they jumped out of the books and were in front of me !!!   Wonderful !

And the BISON ! The bison weren’t beautiful, but great, strong, they seemed cool and we felt their strength. I have a dream … walking with the bison on the Great Plains !

Thank you Jane for having organized the Wyoming Trip 2019 and especially the meeting with Dan’O Brien in his ranch.
But I was so disconsolate Jane wasn’t with us !!!

My best, 
Jane

For Your Information (FYI): November 2nd, yesterday, was National Bison Day!
https://wildideabuffalo.com/blogs/blog
https://www.awarenessdays.com/awareness-days-calendar/national-bison-day-2019/ 

--disconsolate = very unhappy and unable to be comforted...In fact, I don't know this word, Michèle.  I would use the synonym "inconsolable".

-- one bison, two bison...like one sheep, two sheep; one fish, two fish; one moose, two moose; one deer, two deer; one swine, two swine...Do you know what a swine is? You can surf to find the answer!
___________________________________


Take a look at just a few of the many photos Michèle took when she was at Dan O'Brien's ranch on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 with the Uiad group.  Lucky you!!!













 Driving through the herd in the back of Dan O'Brien's     pick-up truck .  You can't get much closer!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12 (D-51) South Dakota / The Lakota / The Black Hills

Day 20 (D-43) Famous Lakota leaders and a painter (for later on the blog)

Day 44 (D-19) Yellowstone history: yesterday in French, today in English!